Thursday, July 30

So Excited!

Heather had a fabulous idea for a recurring blog post that I am going to start implementing on Monday.

As anyone who reads my blog on somewhat regular basis knows, I have a passion for health and physical fitness. Recently, I have also developed a much greater interest in cooking. Since I moved into my new home (btw I made my first mortgage payment today and yikes, I am a poor lady) preparing meals is a lot easier and I am much more motivated to cook. In addition, I have been experimenting with clean eating and have seen wonderful results in the improvement of my physical and mental health. Heather then suggested that I post clean recipes. Since I truly believe that food and nutrition make an enormous difference in the health and well being of people, sharing recipes with others is a natural progression. I dont know why I didnt think of this!

I also just got done reading Julie and Julia which is about a woman who over the course of a year makes every recipe in one of Julia Childs cook books and blogs about her experiences cooking. It was quite entertaining read but the food sounded just awful. There was 3 sticks of butter in everything, lots of lambs legs and gimlet gravy's, you know how french food is. I think I gained 5 pounds just reading about these recipes. Anyway reading about cooking is not nearly as dull as I thought it would be, particularly when you fuck things up like she does in the book and which I inevitably will as well. So instead of just posting the recipe, I am going to post a clean recipe every err most weeks, write about it and take a picture of my creation. I figure if you don't like eating clean you can at least be entertained by my experiences with the evil food processor which I have a love/hate relationship with. But if even that doesn't do it for you, you will at least have a pretty picture to look at.

Heather mentioned she has some clean recipes she would like to share and it would be great if anyone else who has one would send them to me so I can try to do them justice and prepare them to share the recipe with everyone. Send any recipes you may have to kaseylwilson@gmail.com and if the recipe isn't scary complicated, I will give it a shot.

Oh and if you are wondering what a clean recipe is, here are some guidelines:
-whole, unrefined and unprocessed foods in a form that’s as close as possible to how the foods appear in nature
-No processed sugars/white flour
-Limited to no saturated fat and trans fats, and instead substitute healthy, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats

You know, healthy food!

So thanks again to Miss Heather and I will embark on my first recipe this weekend and post about it next week.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Fun fun fun! I love recipes and looking at pictures of food. Happy cooking!

Kris10 said...

I love this idea and I can always welcome new healthy recipes...great idea, have fun with it!

Adam said...

I guess this means you will not be making the Rubiks Cube sandwich? :-(

Lulu said...

haha, well I might be able to make it with healtheir meats and sprouted wheat bread! There is a healthy substituion for everything;)