Monday, August 3

I won't be able to post a recipe and review until tomorrow because I ran out of propane last night and I wasn't able to make the recipe. I realized at about 7 PM that I was out of propane and was way too tired and grumpy at that point to go out and get more. So on the menu tonight is chili and lime chicken kabobs and sweet potato fries. Sounds pretty good, we will see how it goes.

This weekend was pretty good, mainly tiring though. Saturday morning I woke up bright and early to do the big yard overhaul. And overhaul it was. This fall I plan on doing some planting and hopefully I will be able to extend my patio as well, but before that was to happen I needed to get rid of a lot of plants. It seems the woman who lived there was a big fan of planting and letting it go wild, me not so much. I prefer a more sparse yard with a cleaner, neater look. I also don't really like rose bushes and there are a minimum of 30 in that yard. I got rid of some of the smaller rose bushes and all of the roses in the front yard, but I will take out more in the fall. In particular, I hate the pavers that extend the patio and the flower beds that contain rose bushes on one side and a Japenese Maple bush on the other. Those will be going though because they make no sense there and block the view of the yard. Once that is all gone I will put grass over it and extend the patio to the west, since grass doesn't grow there anyway. My parents came over the help (bless them) and we hauled off two truck beds full of bags of leaves and vegetation and also filled a large trash can.

Yesterday I got up and went on an hour long run at Woodward Park. I love running there but I haven't run there in quite some time so it was nice to be outside again as I attempt to acclimate to outside running again. There are some decent hills there so that was a little tough but overall I did fine. My toe didn't hurt at all and was fine for the entire day but when I woke up this morning, yozer it was stiff and sore. It feels better now but I am getting pretty close to needing to go in and get this checked out, sigh.


I can't seem to shake my feelings of restless right now. More on that later maybe, but if I seem distant, that is why.

2 comments:

Madison said...

Do you like ceviche? I found this amazing recipe using nothing but fresh ingredients. If your interested in trying it out, let me know and I'll email you the recipe.

Lulu said...

I looove ceviche! Yes please send it: kaseylwilson@gmail.com.

Thanks!!