Tuesday, October 2

For the past week or so I have noticed that I have been really tired and sluggish. At first I thought it was because I had been woken up by people screaming outside my window or leaf blowers at 4:30 in the morning, but even when I get undisturbed sleep I feel the same way. I hope that it isn't the anemia making a bold return because it feels very similar.

I notice the most similarity when I am at work because I seem to lose the inside voice/outside voice differentiation. I am snippy and there is limited filtering when I speak. For example, the UPS guy came in this afternoon and had an envelope addressed to Mark Harrelson. Susan signs for it and brings it to me.
This I have never understood because both her and my mom do it, anything from UPS is given to me and put in my inbox. The package or envelope is clearly addressed to a particular person in the office but instead of giving it to the person to whom it belongs it is given to me and I walk the 5 additional feet to give it to the right person. It is just dumb so I questioned Susan as to why she gave it to me and Susan's reply was "I don't want that job".

It isn't a fucking job, it is handing an envelope to someone so get your nose out of the air (incidently, anyone who wears cat earings and vests with cows on them should never get snooty with ANYONE). In my job description it does not say "Hands envelopes to the people they are addressed to". There are 5 people in this office, it isn't hard. If you are that busy that you don't have time to do that then you also shouldn't be calling your husband 5 times a day and walking him thru the grocery shopping and talking about where the dogs were when you last left the house and making sure that he gets up at the right time in the morning.

Anyway, the point is when my iron was low before I was tired for a long period of time without any reason to be, was frequently light headed and was snippy to everyone - which is how I feel now. It is weird though because I haven't been running so I don't know what would cause this. Maybe I should have a steak tonight...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a big fat steak tonite and toast to the fact that you aren't clueless like some people are in the office! Can't walk a package to the correct person's desk, come on now...tell me she doesn't distribute the mail!!!

Adam said...

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays but on Tuesday.

Welcome to the shitty job club.

edluv said...

"anyone who wears cat earings and vests with cows on them should never get snooty with ANYONE"

very true.

it could be anemia again. which, isn't caused by exercise, but low blood iron. exercise, especially the high volume that you were doing does add to the situation. although you're not running, aren't you still working out a lot?

get on your supplements, eat more green, leafy veggies, and maybe mix in some more protein.

Lulu said...

Thanks Dr. Ed:) No really thanks, I know you know what you are talking about. And yes I am still working out a lot and could definitely imrpove on eating my leafy greens, protien I am doing pretty well with though.
It is so much easier to be lazy...