Tuesday, October 2

As I have previously posted I have been wanting to volunteer somewhere in the community and as the cliche goes, make a difference. After searching the Volunteer Center of Fresno's website for opportunities, I made several contacts with various organizations and haven't heard back from any. This was very disapointing. I really wanted to do some work at the Special Olympics and filled out and submitted the form twice but I haven't heard anything back from them. A lot of the opportunities that I was very interested in were geared toward people who do not have full time jobs and can work in the mornings or afternoons, which I obviously can't do.
I did however find that the Poverello House does a special dinner the 2nd Thursday of the month that they need volunteers for. Here is the description:

Papa Mike's Cafe is held the second Thursday of each month. Volunteers help serve restaraunt style, and act as waiters and waitresses filling pitchers of water, bringing out bread baskets & butter and serving our clients menu's and orders. It is alot of fun & something new for Poverello House.


The volunteer coordinator did get back to me on this and it looks like we would need to meet on October 13th at 4:45 PM. I think I am going to do it so if anyone would like to donate a Thursday evening to help, let me know.

1 comment:

edluv said...

who's this "we" you speak of?