Tuesday, September 11

that is not funny, seriously it isn't

I am fuming right now and have no one to vent to but my blog.

So one of our superintendents Mike comes in this morning and the subject of CPR comes up. So Mike says "hey, how do you give CPR to someone who has AIDS" and then he proceeds to make a stomping motion on the floor and everyone laughs. Of course I argue that it isn't funny which is even more hilarious to them. The more appalled I was, the harder they laughed. I tried to explain why that wasn't funny, even though it may seem obvious to most people, and I didn't get anywhere which is even more frustrating. Sometimes we laugh at things without thinking about it and once one realize what it exactly is we are laughing at we correct ourselves but no, they still thought it was funny when he told it again to someone else.

Call me uptight but AIDS just isn't a funny subject to me. What is even better is that I have to drive to Porterville this afternoon with Susan to attend a training. 3 hours in a car with Susan, fucking fantastic.

6 comments:

Adam said...

Aaaah, stomping on terminally ill people. Good times.

edluv said...

you should sue your company for creating a hostile work environment. and then settle out of court by making your parent sell their house and become your butler & maid.

m.wise said...

ok, jerry. i mean ed.

Monticore said...

Oh come on that is so funny. (just kidding it makes me sick)

Lulu said...

I got them to apologize and I think at least my mom felt remorseful. I think part of the problem is that AIDS really doesnt effect them so they feel removed from it. They didn't grow up with it, they don't have to worry about it now being married and not doing drugs so I think the impact just isnt felt by them. Not an excuse but a possible explanation. Maybe they are just evil, but it was definitely hostile in there today.

edluv said...

hey, i'm married and don't do drugs but i still think about aids. not necessarily about getting it, but still that people in the world get it. and that's a sad thing. one that i stopped making jokes about after my freshman year of high school.