Friday, December 11

Everytime I see this commercial, I really want a Jeep Wrangler.

I also love that at least half of the comments about it are hateful that Jeep is marketing to women instead rugged off roading manly men:)Here are a few of my favorite comments:

"why the fuck would these women get spend a shitload of money and 2 hours in a salon chair just to get in a jeep with its top down and throw it all away. fucking stupid, pointless ad."

and

"lol! If I was a dude who owned a wrangler and saw this ad, I'd be thinking about selling my car right about now."

I would like to know how many people who own Jeeps use them off roading and also how frequently because I am willing to bet that most Jeep owners use them to do daily activities more so than off roading. It is like people who don't think that women should have trucks because it isn't like they use them to haul stuff. Obviously this commercial is directed towards women who want to be like the ones portrayed in the commercial, care free and fun and like to have the wind blow in their hair (ahem, first comment). And (second comment) why is it so offensive that a woman may *gasp* drive the same car as you?

And I want one as a direct result of this commercial so me thinks I must be the target audience. I want to drive around with Nika with the top down and the wind blowing in our faces. Looks like fun!

4 comments:

Adam said...

I saw this for the first time while hanging out with Ed. My response was something like, "Well...that's certainly not the demographic I expected Jeep to shoot for." But I certainly don't hate them for doing it. ha ha ha ha

Lulu said...

Yeah I agree that it os not the typical demographic but I definitely think there is an audience there. Or at least me. Kasey Wilson, audience of one.

edluv said...

i've known plenty of women who owned, drove and loved jeeps. and, i've known several men who were always, um, happy to see women driving jeeps. so, i'm not too surprised to see jeep advertising to women. also, they've been running a lot of ads over the last decade or so that showed men, women, guys with dreadlocks, etc. driving jeeps, so again it didn't surprise me too much.

i will say that i do agree a little with the first comment. it would be pointless to spend a lot of $ and time to get your hair styled and then screw it up by rolling with the top down. however, i realize that a hair appt is probably more about a cut, color and styling, not just getting it done for a specific thing. i'm not a woman, but i do have a bit of trouble believing that someone would go to the salon and then have it get pretty much knotted up from a freeway ride w/the top open.

the second comment is sad.

edluv said...

btw, as someone who has had 3 jeeps, i wouldn't recommend one for purchase. i've got a bunch of reasons if you really want to know. i'd say that if you really want to drive one for some 'jeep' purpose, rent one for a day or weekend.