Thursday, December 10

Introducing....


Nika!

Mike and I just met this sweet girl at ARF and have put down a deposit and will be taking her home with us on Saturday:) She is a 3 year old yellow lab who was just surrended to the facility on Sunday by a man who couldn't keep her because he didn't feel like he was able to give her the amount of time she deserved. Mike had actually called about another lab I saw on Petfinder but he was already in a foster home and they had decided to keep him so they told him that they just got another lab in and we should come meet her. So we just stopped in and met her and she is the sweetest little thing and we both immediately fell in love with her:)

She is a curvy little gal and could stand to loose a few pounds because she hasn't been on a lot of walks lately and could also use a little leash training, but she has a great personality. She doesn't bark, likes to give kisses and loves to have her belly rubbed, she did that flop over thing several times when we were with her. Since she is an adult dog she should be mostly done with the puppy stage so she will be fairly mellow but still enegertic and should fit in perfectly with our active lifestyle. I can't wait to take her on hikes and walks and to the dog park!

I have been wanting to get a dog for years but the circumstances have never been right and now they are just perfect. I have a great house with a yard, a wonderful man and now a beautiful dog, everything is just coming up roses:)

I am sure there will be a crap load more pictures of her coming your way next week:)

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Yaaaay!! I love her!

m.wise said...

awsome

Adam said...

Cute pup. Now you have to do like the cool people do, take her to a coffee shop, chain her to a chair, and then ignore her. :-P

Lulu said...

Yeah right, this is going to be one spoiled dog (but in a good way). I totally know you were joking Adam but people like that drive me crazy! All dogs want to do is love and be loved, I couldnt ignore her if I tried:)

Monticore said...

Not to mention a load of crap in your backyard. But she looks like she's worth the trouble

Lulu said...

yes but she will chase the cats away!
Actually what I am dreading is all the fur she is going to leave everywhere. I am ivesting in a lint roller for every room and one of the special ones for the couch. In all seriousness that will probably bug me but she will be worth it with all the love and happiness she brings:)