Friday, October 9

Oh Lord

Great Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize and now I have to hear how screwed up the world is all freakin day. And how dare he be late to give a speech about it! Thank god he said he doesnt think he deserves it, she isn't quite as pissed off anymore, at least at him. (Please don't out on Rush Limbaugh!Please don't out on Rush Limbaugh!)


Yesterday, the big misjustice was the Hungry Man Platters we ordered from a BBQ place down the street. The description said your choice of 3 meats, 2 sides and 1 roll. To me the 1 roll indicates that it is meant for one person, a hungry person yes, but one person. Well we ordered 2 for 7 people and when I picked it up it was in your standard carry out styrafoam containers that has the divided tray and I immediately thought there was probably not enough food. I brought it back and both her and my dad thought that the description was very misleading and there should be more food for the price we paid for it (12 bucks a pop).

Well it turns out there was enough food for everyone and we even had some left over. Then I hear my dad say that we should call and complain. Susan and I looked at each other a bit puzzled and asked why and my mom chimes in about how if it says "platter" it should come on a platter. I clarify that there was indeed enough food and that the food was good (I actually didnt eat any because there were only some scrapes of meat left and I dont eat the other stuff) which was confirmed by her. I then ask "so the problem you have is with the presentation, you want to complain about the containers the food came in?".

Yeah, this is what I deal with on a regular basis. If it isn't one thing, it is another. But if I get frustrtaed with a copier that continually jams, blame it on MY bad attitude. FOR THE LOVE!

6 comments:

Adam said...

Hahaha. I'm gonna send over some flowers with a "thank you" note from Obama.

Lulu said...

hahaha.

And indeed, Rush came on. Thank god I have my own office so I can at least somewhat ignore the negativity that I am surrounded by.

Adam said...

I should call the office and be like, "So how do you feel about the Obama Nobel Peace Prize? Oh you didn't agree? That's tough because I'm looking for a liberal contractor to do this job worth millions. Have a nice day."

edluv said...

changing the world climate & opinion of the u.s. is sort of a weak way to win the nobel peace prize, especially when we are involved in two wars, and look to be escalating in afghanistan. not sure if i agree with him winning.

duble-u said...

would he have been awarded if he did not follow bush? is it just the juxtaposition? do i care either way? glad he donated the winnings though. oh...what, he donated it to acorn? now that would have made mom happy.

Adam said...

I think duble-u has a good point. It's like when objectively shitty movies won Oscars during years where there was no competition.

I don't think he deserved it.