Monday, October 12

Kitchen Renovations

This weekend with the help of Mike (uh a lot of help from him actually) I started renovating the kitchen! Naturally, as these things tend to go, it took more than twice as long as we thought it would and we aren't nearly finished but we made a lot of progress.

Cabinets are deceptive in their surface area. Sure they don't look very large but there is a lot of tops and bottoms and shelves, yada yada, and it takes awhile. We sanded and primed them all and got one painted in a lovely shade of minty green that I had decided on and the kitchen already looks brighter. It is just a really happy color that makes the kitchen look a lot more fresh and clean so I am really happy with the results so far. I can't wait to see how it turns out in its entirety and once that is done I will post some pics. The one problem is that there were two layers of contact paper in the cabinets. The first layer came off pretty easily but the next layer was stuck so we are just painting over them and laying down the contact paper you don't glue down. Hopefully in the next few years a full kitchen rennovation will be done anyway.

Oh and I also finished getting the guest room set up. The curtains haven't come down yet though because those curtains are a friggin nightmere and I would have to patch the huge holes removing them will make and then paint the room, which I don't have time for right now. I managed to match everything to the pink and blue curtains though which is a damn miracle in itself and for now it will just have to do.

Also on the books, my dad is sending some guys over on Thursday and Friday to get the patio done and get a dry wall patch done in the bathroom. Then this weekend I should get the bathroom painted as well and by the baby shower next week it will feel like a whole new house!

Phew, fun and exciting but exhausting!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

You are living my HGTV dream. Except I would want it to all be over and done with in a half hour, like on TV.

Lulu said...

Mike and I take turns whining and being dramatic so there is always one person on task:)

Adam said...

Psh, whatever Carrie. We're totally gonna move in together and you're gonna be like, "You should fix this and make it look like I want it to," and then go pour yourself a sweet tea vodka on the rocks so you can have something for your parched throat while you spectate.

:-P

Carrie said...

Well, that's all true. However, I would still want you to be done in half an hour so I could drink my second cocktail with you.

Lulu said...

I can picture it now, Adam is hard at work and Carrie is fanning herself saying things like "well I do declare Adam, those are the prettiest shelves I ever did see"!

miriam said...

Ooooo, I can't wait to see the pictures!