Friday, September 4

Free Workout Music

Podrunner offers non-stop, fixed tempo music for your running, walking, or cycling workouts - for free!

When I was in Spinning class this week I started to think about where spin instructors got their music since the workouts are typically organized around them. At the end of Wednesdays workout we did an interval workout called the train. When you heard the train in the song you would either stand up or sprint until the train went away so the music coincided with picking up the tempo, which I liked.

The site offers free workout playlists to help keep your pace constant, with ranges between 152 to 181 beats per minute. Podrunner also has mixes designed for interval training. You can download these music mixes online or through iTunes, and the MP3 files can be played on most digital music players. The playlists are all electronica, and the music is energetic and upbeat. I put some on my ipod and will try it out today at the gym.

No comments: