Tuesday, September 8

Labor Day Weekend Recap

I finally got a chance to go to the coast this weekend! It the first time all year that I got to go to the beach and I had a great time. Mike, who none of you have yet to meet, seen here on the pier:
asked me to go with him on a quick trip to the coast. I didn't bring my camera so all of the great pictures of us trying on hats in an antique store and a beautiful sunset are unavailable at this time. He is quite a handsome devil though, if I do say so myself:)

We went stayed in Arroryo Grande but went to Pismo and had the world famous clam chowder (some say the best in the world even though they haven't tried all the clam chowder in the world) at Splash Cafe that was delicious. I had never had the sea food topping on it but Mike said it was good so I tried it and THAT is the way to eat clam chowder. We sat on the beach and ate our chowder and got sand in every crevice imaginable, which is what sand just seems to love doing. There were a ton of people in Pismo though and despite that I loved seeing all dogs of every kind, there were just a bit too many people there. The next day we went to Morro Bay though and that was much more low key and more up our alley.

We had a nice lunch on the pier watching the seals enjoying their lunch of fresh fish and then strolled through the town. My absolute favorite place we went to was the Garden Gallery which has the most impressive displays of succulents that I have ever seen. It was amazing, I wanted to bring them all home with me. Instead though I got this for my mom:

and also one for myself and for Mike. Seriously though I had to hold myself back and only bought one that I didn't have for my collection.

It was a quick trip but it was fanfuckintastic. Good food (a bit too much of it but these things happen), great weather and absolutely wonderful company. Good times:)

4 comments:

Adam said...

Cool, fun times!

Next time though, you two should get a free room at the coast on a slow weekend and stay in town for big time partying on the busy holiday weekend.

;-)

Carrie said...

Orrrrrr...head a leetle further south on the Central Coast for some funs in SB!

Monticore said...

The Garden Gallery is one of my favorite places. It was always a must for any trip to the coast. I was just thinking fondly the other day about some candle holders I bought there when I was in high school.

Justin said...

I was talking to someone today about the amazing chowder at Splash, and how much I missed it. I forgot about the garden gallery though, we used to go their most trips, but it was long before I was interested in gardening.