Tuesday, September 15

Doh!

I have been trying to ignore my left back tire going flat for a little while, I put some air into it a week ago hoping it would magically fix it, but this morning it had enough and deflated. I was able to get it to the tire shop where I received the bad news, it had to be put down. Even worse, the other 3 had to be put down as well, they were quite worn. The tires held up pretty well for their age though but 700 bucks stings, a lot. Especially since the credit limit for my emergency credit card was dropped recently. Such is life.

I also got summons for jury duty today, fanfuckintastic. I don't have to go in until October 20th and hopefully I can avoid getting chosen to serve like last time. I will get my crazy face ready though, just in case.

In good news Mike and I are going to go up to Shaver this weekend. I can finally get that hike in I have been wanting to do since the beginning of the summer that I never got around to. I am not sure which one or ones we are doing, I am leaving that up to Mike, the expert hiker, but I am sure there will be pictures to post.

6 comments:

Monticore said...

Flat tires stink! I just had to replace mine 2 weeks ago.

Jurry duty sucks but from my experience last time I didn't need to be crazy to be excused by the defense attorney just having a Master's Degree was enough for him so good luck

Lulu said...

Ooh I have one of those, I might have to bust it out.

Adam said...

Civic duty people, civic duty. You two are the kinds of thoughtful people that should be on juries.

Lulu said...

I dont want the pressure! I am not going to lie or act crazy or anything though, if they want me on the jury then fine, I would just prefer not to make a decision to send someone to jail. It also is hard on a small business when an employee has to be gone for a long period of time, there really isnt anyone to do my work for me.

Last time when I went and they asked everyone if they had any predjudice about the trail (it was that Genisis case with the two sisters)which I totally could have lied about because it was going to be a very long trial but I didn't because it wasn't right, my conscience wouldnt let me.

Monticore said...

Adam- I wanted to be on the Jury and I was really upset when they dismissed me I wanted to yell hey just because I'm educated doesn't me I can't relate to you client.

I really had a complex about the whole thing

Adam said...

C'mon Lulu, just have your dad run the machine in your office. Everything will be just fine! ;-)

I do understand the small business thing. People do have legitimate reasons not to serve. It's the people who just don't care at all that bother me, or don't want the inconvenience.