Monday, September 14

Booze Cruise!

On Saturday Mike and I participated in the first annual Booze Cruise. His boss organized the event and basically it was a bar hop on beach cruiser bikes around North Fresno. We started at his house near Willow and Herndon where quite a breakfast spread awaited us:

Two monkey breads, 3 egg caseroles, fruit, bagels (not pictured were mimosas, but they were definitely consumed)...it was a bit outta control but delicious. Here are all the bikes lined up and ready to go:

This wasn't actually all of the bikes, about 10 more people came at the last minute so I guesstimate a total of about 30 people (excuse the fingerprint smudge, I think some monkey bread got on the lense).
The show stopper bike was definitely this one with the ridiculously big ape hanger handlebars:




Then we rolled down the street in a big group, causing quite the spectacle and headed to Grog's.





We stayed at Grog's for about an hour, enough time to have a drink and watch the end of the Fresno State game (boo hiss). This was my favorite bar of the day, definitely the closest to being like Landmark, and we took over the place:
Before leaving Grogs we made a quick stop at Stevens Bicycle to fix some flat tires (a recurrng theme) and buy some bells and whistles for our rides.Then it was off to a bar called The Office:



The bartender was happy to see us as the bar went from completely empty to completely full rather quickly.


I had warm Guniess here (thats more authentic right?) and we stayed here for about 45 minutes before we went to one of the very generous participants houses for a lunch break and more beer. I dunno but I think Mike was having a good time:

Then it was off to The Red Zone.

This was a very small sports bar that I didn't even know existed but had views of tvs everyowhere you went (including the bathroom).

This is also where I was introduced to bubble gum vodka. This was surely invented for 19 year old sororiety girls but I have to admit, it was really good. It went well with sugar free red bull and even though I loathe vodka I couldnt taste the alcohol at all, good but scary combination.
Finally it was off to Aqua Shi, which opened just for us. It looked like a typical north fresno fancy shmancy bar but I thought that was pretty cool of them to open up for us for an hour.

Finally we ended up at another generous particupants house for swimming (well at least for those who were told to bring a swimsuit) and BBQ. I was a bit worn out by this point and once the girls in bikinis started taking shots while getting piggy back rides from guys, it was time for us to go. But Mike just didn't have enough to drink yet so he got this dainty little beer at I Love Sushi:

We started at around 11 and didn't get home until after 9 and the day was filled with booze, sun and bike riding and man was I was tired at the end of the day. I had a great time though and I think everyone else did as well. I was really impressed with how well organized it was so kudos to the organizers. I look forward to the next one.

14 comments:

Adam said...

I thought it was a ghost in the second picture. :-P

And just for clarification, that bar is just called Office. The bar with the real name The Office is down in between your neighborhood and The Tower.

But it looks like you had a really good time and you can be sure that if/when I meet Mike, I will be avoiding those biceps. Christ!

Madison said...

Dang girl, your new man is yummy looking! Nice job. Oh, and the whole day sounded fun, too. Can we get more shirtless pics of Mike?!

Adam said...

Oh, and Brian said that he could toooootally take Mike in a wrestling match; one armed tied behind his back even.

Lulu said...

hahaha, I will have to let Mike know that. Maybe we can set something up at Landmark on Friday;)

Kris10 said...

Hey sis, what a fun time I am impressed that there are cool people in Fresburg to set something like this up! ;) So I am guilty of informing my friends this weekend of your new man...you can see what Madison thinks of him. Oh, also going to pass your blog on to another friend, she is interested! So love the pic of you too though, what a cute couple!

edluv said...

on friday night, 3 olives was @ landmark giving away shots of said bubblegum vodka. they had these interesting little glasses that contained a shot glass w/in them, with soda around the vodka shot glass.

i was unimpressed. heather did not finish hers.

Carrie said...

Bubblegum vodka? I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Looks like fun times in the Frezles!

Monticore said...

Bubblegum vodka, drinking tours of North Fresno Bars, The Red Zone! I think we have just lost you to the Dark Side! Just Kidding (kinda) I'm just jealous we don't get to see you anymore.

Lulu said...

But you had me to yourselves for so long....I will still be around, I just have been busy on the weekends lately! And speaking of not seeing you anymore, why havent I seen you at the gym in awhile young lady? Or Ed or Brian for that matter, tsk tsk;)It will be oversize sweater season soon!

Monticore said...

I know I can get rather possessive. I'm glad there is someone else who appreciates your wonderfulness. And I know I am so totally busted about the gym. I have really fallen out of my groove now that work is in full swing. I've got two really stressful cases that are going on right now I hope to be back soon but I haven't gained any weight just lost muscle and engery=(

Lulu said...

Just dont give up entirely. It is ok to take breaks and sometimes work just has to come first, but try to make some time for yourself so you can have that energy and stress relief!

And thank you Heather, that is a very sweet thing for you to say and I really appreciate it:)

Adam said...

Yeaaaaaah...Kendall said she'd be back too. ;-)

edluv said...

oh snap!

Lulu said...

Awww, there is nothing I can say though, I understand your doubt but I WILL not completely go MIA, promise ya:)

haha and I just pictured Ed doing an around the world snap with the neck thing and it was pretty funny:)