Friday, September 11

I Want This



(Longboard not Hawaiian)Well in reality I would probably get one, use it a few times and then it would sit in my garage but I still think it is pretty rad. It is the land version of stand up paddling that uses a longboard and a big stick to motor yourself around:

See, cool people like Matthew McConaughey like them so they must be awesome. Right on, right on.

I have jumped on a skateboard a time or two and am generally find it hard to balance but you use a big stick (wonder how long it took for them to come up with that) which would help with balance and incorporate your upper body into the "exercise" - yes I am afraid as fun as this looks it is also excercise. They are also quite cute (well they aren't ALL cute, they have very manly ones as well):


I am not sure where I would cruise around with this thing but how much fun would that be? We could start a longboard/big stick gang since that bicycle gang thing never worked out.

You can order them from Kahuna Creations and prices for the boards range from $150 and above and sticks are about $80 and above. Check out the video below to see them in action. You have about 3 months to save up to buy me one for Christmas;)

4 comments:

m.wise said...

you should get it. if you end up not likeing it, you can sell it on ebay to get a few bucks back.

Adam said...

I'm just fine with my bicycle. I don't need even more exercise in my modes of transportation. Pushing a clutch is more than enough. :-P

But you should notify your parental units. They might have the luche to give you a Christmas surprise.

Lulu said...

Well you see I like riding a bike too expect for two things. 1) my crotch hurts if I go very far, and 2) inevitably I always have a flat tire on my bike so I cant just jump on and go. These can both be solved by this however my chances of crashing and getting road rash are far greater with this thing. Hmmm...

Monticore said...

Yeah cool people like Ed have one that I have to move every time I vaccum other then that it doesn't see much action