Monday, August 17

Patio Demo

On Saturday I was planning on just mowing the lawn but when I was out there I noticed that a few of the pavers had been removed when they poured the curb. Upon closer inspection it looked like the pavers would be pretty easy to remove and since they left an axe pick, I picked it up and went to town.

It only took me about an hour and 15 minutes but I removed all of them and stacked them at the side of house. I figured since this was something I knew I could do I would get the work done so the guys can do the stuff I can't. Plus I really like manual labor. The weather was so nice I really didn't want to be couped up inside doing housework either. So here is a before and after:



I admit, it was fun using the axe pick:) My grass is also starting to come back! I have been watering longer and the weather has been a little more forgiving so it is nice to not have all dead grass again. Very slowly the backyard project is coming along.

6 comments:

Monticore said...

What do you plan on doing with the leftover pavers? I would be happy to take some of them off your hands.

Lulu said...

I actually already have someone taking them, however I dont know how many he is planning on taking so if there is a decent amount left over they are all yours.

edluv said...

damn, i was thinking the exact some thing and not noly did monti beat me to the punch but you answered.

and i think we'd be interested in what's left over.

Lulu said...

Great minds think alike! I will let you know what I have left.

Adam said...

Looks good!

I look forward to a game of croquet in the back yard.

edluv said...

are you going to bring the area that had pavers up to the same level?