Thursday, August 20

I have had a busy week and have been neglecting my blog but I was waiting to have some things to post that haven't yet panned out.

We were supposed to find out the sex of my sisters baby yesterday but unfortunately the doctor cancelled so we will have to wait until Friday. I have no feeling one way or another as to what it might be but I am looking forward to finding out. My sister is doing really well though and has virtually had no pregnancy symptoms.

The backyard project is going really well. I got home too late last night to take pictures (it is getting so dark so early already!) but all of the trees and bushes are gone from the west side of the patio as well as the bushes in front of the patio. It makes that space feel so much more open and the backyard feels bigger to me too. What has been taking up most of the time though is the sprinkler system. It is whacked out. Sprinkler heads side by side, the pipes only 6 inches from the surface and a whole bunch of other stuff that I don't really understand but am told is a mess. Hopefully they will be able to finish it today but there is a good chance that may not happen. In any case it is shaping up and yes Adam, hopefully in the near future a game of croquet can happen.

Other than all of that I was supposed to hike Half Dome with a group from Centerpoint on Sunday but I got a weird call from some random guy saying that Centerpoint was no longer hosting it-he never did say who was-but the trip was still on and I could get a ride from him if I wanted to. I am not very comfortable with that whole arrangement so I don't think I am going to go. I am a little disappointed but Half Dome isn't going anywhere anytime soon so I will get another chance to make it up there again.

I will post some pics tomorrow of my backyard and solicit some opinions on what I should do with my new pation space!

No comments: