Monday, August 10

My back yard is currently getting demoed, woo hoo! The biggest perk of working for the family construction business is I get to utilize free skilled labor. We have 3 full time superintendents and 2 superintedents in training and occasionally throughout the year there will be a few days or a week or so between the end of one project and the start of another. When that happens my dad puts them to work on projects around his house so they can keep working and they aren't forced to take time off, so everyone wins.

Today I win though because I am expanding my patio to the west and right now all of the trees and shrubs that were in that area are being removed and a concrete curb is being put in. It might be a little while before I decide what exactly I want to put in that area, but some sort of pavers will be going in. Grass does not grow well in that area anyway so instead of it being a wasted space I am going to utilize it better with some seating and maybe some planters. It is also a fairly shady area so perfect to hang out. The area will be set by a concrete curb that will separate the grass from the new patio area. This will also help with mowing because the lawn will be a rectangle so I wont have to go around sharp corners. Oh and even more exciting, those stupid rose bushes and the Japenese Maple bush that are right off my patio to the south will also be going away and grass will be put there.

I am excited about getting this done and I think it will be a big improvement on what is there. I still don't feel like it is fully my house and I think this will help me make it my own. I will take some pictures tonight and post them tomorrow of the progress.

3 comments:

m.wise said...

i look forward to seeing the pictures.

Kris10 said...

I hope you are taking before and after pics!!!!

Lulu said...

Not so good at the before pics, but since this will be done in stages you should still be able to follow the progress. I need to be better at that though, especially since you have never seen my house!