Tuesday, August 11

Backyard Renno Project, Day 1

When I came home last night I wasn't sure what I would find but things weren't that different. I thought they might have pulled out all the shrubs and trees but that won't be happening until later in the week and yesterday and today will be just getting the concrete set. Here are some pics (oh and turns out the camera on my new phone is terrible, will use a real camera next time).

View from my existing patio. The tree and all the shrubs you see will all be taken out.


The tree that the curb is formed around will stay. It is a beautiful shade tree though I know not what kind of tree it is.


Just a quick before shot of those bushes to the south of the patio that will be coming out and where grass will be put in its place. See how they completely obstruct the view from the patio?


This is to the east of the patio. Not doing much here, just putting in a curb. Right now there is a baby Japense Maple but I think I am going to dig that up and put it in a large pot to put on my new patio. I would like to do some kind of succulent or sun loving drought resistence plants there.


I am looking forward to when they pull out all of the plants and tree because I will be able to better visualize what I want to go there. Right now I am having trouble picturing what I want so seeing a clean slate will help.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Exciting stuff! I'd be kinda bummed out that I didn't have my hands in the process along the way, but that's just me. :-)

Lulu said...

I plan on having my hands in the pavers, but I left the concrete to the pros. I don't want the entire project to be done by others, I also like to be involved and get my hands dirty:)