Monday, June 29

Summer Drinks


Mens Health and Eat This Not That have new summer drinks guidelines. Drink Smart!

Summer Cocktail:
Drink This: Mojito 160 calories (suprisingly low I thought since Mojitos use sugar)
Skip This: Long Island Iced Tea 700 calories! (I am no longer suprised I was a little chubby in college)

Classic Cocktail:
Drink This: Bloody Mary 150 calories (and a serving of veggies already included)
Skip This: Pina Colada 625 calories (My question is who drinks pina coladas anyway?)

Beer:
Drink This: Guiness 125 calories
Skip This: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale 175 calories (50 calorie difference add up if you are drinking a lot)

Light Beer:
Drink This: Beck's Premier Light 64 calories (less calories than most non alcoholic beer, which I still dont understand why people drink anyway)
Skip This: Bud Light 110 calories

Protien Drinks:
Drink This: Atkins Advantage Chocolate Delight Shake (11-oz can)190 calories
Skip This: Muscle Milk Chocolate Milk High Protein Shake (11-oz can)
240 calories(Muscle Milk may look cooler but you may be ruining some of your results if you go with this)

It is hot, drink up, just do it without being ignorant of what you are ingesting.

6 comments:

edluv said...

but where's my whiskey drink?

Lulu said...

As best I can tell my rough estimate is 141 calories. Seven up has 12 calories per every 1 ounce serving and a regular seven and seven has 6 oz so that is 72 calories for the soda. Seagrams has 69 calories per 1 oz serving so a regular seven and seven is roughly 1 shot so your total would be 141. However a Keith version is at least double that.
A jack and coke is essentially the same thing, I just have a small glass, however after learning that I think I may switch to diet.

edluv said...

sorry, i didn't actually mean my particular whiskey drink, just a whiskey drink in general.

and i've heard the faux sugars in diet really smash up with the alcohol and produce more drunkenness. no idea of truth, just rumor.

Lulu said...

I heard the same. I will have to do an experiment.

edluv said...

we told someone about the guiness/sierra nevada thing and they were shocked. mainly because it's so hard to believe guiness is that low.

Lulu said...

It really is suprising since it seems so thick and heavy. I actually kinda like Guiness, I mean for a beer at least.