Wednesday, April 8

Tattoo Revisted


It has been almost a year since I got my peacock but I have been looking at it a lot lately thinking that something is not quite done. That and tattoos are highly addictive.

What I have been noticing is that the peacock is kind of floating there, I feel like it needs something to stand on. The image that I keep going back to in my mind is a branch that mimicks the curve of the peacocks feathers around my sun. I also think I would like to include a few flowers on it to pretty it up. See my very rough sketch on a picture of my current tattoo below:


I like the symetry and I like the way it wraps aroundand incorporates the sun more.

For the flowers I was thinking of having Gladiolas, which symbolize strength of character and sincerity and is also my birth months flower.

But I also like dahlias:


And the lotus flower (which is also what I have now):


I found this painting that I like elements of as well:

I really like the style of branches in this painting, twisted and multi colored. Plus the flowers are similar to what I had in mind. I think I would rather have magenta or purple flowers though, with multi colored detail.

So this is what I have been mulling over. I have no intentions of getting it anytime soon but I am thnking I am going to start putting some money aside. Happily it shouldn't be as expensive as the peacock and it shouldn't take as long.

I would be happy to hear your thoughts and/or suggestions and ideas.

4 comments:

m.wise said...

f.u. penguin is trying to one up this post with their 'keep it in your pants, buddy' post. fyi

m.wise said...

do you want various types of flowers around your peacock, or all the same? if the same, you may want to make them like the one already on your peacock. maybe.

edluv said...

i like the branch idea.

Lulu said...

Yes Mike, all the same maybe only different colors...