Tuesday, April 14

I am back from Austin and overall I had a great time. I got to hang out with my sister and talk and catch up which is always wonderful. Friday we got to go out on the boat and although it wasn't warm enough to go for a swim it was still nice and relaxing. Saturday we went for a hike in the greenbelt which was all overgrown and beautiful. We also saw a lot of hikers, runners and bikers which always makes me long for something like that in this area, however geographically that just doesnt work. I would still take the Sierra Nevadas over the Greenbelt for a hike any day, I just need to get up there more often.

We also had some great food until Sunday came along and both my sister and I came down with the stomach flu. It was pretty much a 24 hour thing but it made my last day and a half in Austin completely useless as I was in bed the entire time. It was a bummer of an end but the beginning made up for it. I am just very thankful that I didn't come down with it the day I was supposed to be traveling because that would have been completely miserable and I probably would have cried.

Back to reality though and to make the transition from being on vacation to back to the old grind. I swear the older I get the harder that transiton is. It is good to be back though, I definitely heart Fresno.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Welcome back, glad to have you.