Thursday, March 19

I think eharmony needs more diverse "Closed Match" messages or they should let you send short answer closed messages of your own. The "Closed Message" is what you send when you aren't interested and they let you pick things like "I think the physical distance is too great", "I am persuing anoother relationship", "I think our backrounds are too different" yada yada.
Sometimes those options just don't do it for me and I feel like I need more options. For example they don't have an option that reads, "Because you use too much hair gel" or "Beacuse you posted a picture of yourself posing without your shirt on and you definitely greased yourself up for it" or simply "You look like a complete douche bag". I think these might be a little more helpful because it gives some concrete feedback.
As of right now, if the guy looks like a nice guy but I am just not attracted I send the "I am persuing anoother relationship" because it is the nicest closed message to get. Much better than "Other". I get annoyed when a guy who looks like a total douche sends me that message. I want to reply "Really? Because you never even had a chance".
Matches thus far on eharmony = 0
Months Left Until My Subscription Expires = 2

4 comments:

Adam said...

That sucks, but I'm laughing at your post. Is eHarmony one of the ones that has a guarantee?

Lulu said...

By all means laugh, that is why I post these:)
I dont believe that they do have a refund policy, I will have to look into it. It breaks down much like it does for me in real life though so maybe it is just me. Ah well, keep on keeping on!

Adam said...

I thought one of them had a deal where if you didn't find a match, they gave you a month or two free or something.

Lulu said...

I think thats Match.com, if you dont find a match in 6 months you get 6 months for free. So if it didnt work for you initially, you get to keep trying the same exact thing that didn't work and just not pay for it.