Thursday, March 19

Centerpoint now has a tanning bed. It appears they got rid of the massage room and it is now a tanning room. I know that there are many gyms that have this but I still find it strange that a place that promotes physical health has something that is so bad for your health. Even so I still sort of want to use it (see picture of my pasty legs in the post below)but I would feel way to ashamed to use one there. At least at a tanning salon you know no one there will judge you. But I will stick to my spray tan, I know it isn't worth it in the long run, especially for someone fair and freckled like me.
The other issue I have is why would Centerpoint spend money on a tanning bed when they have had a leaky roof for years that needs to be fixed. I think that money would be better spent going towards fixing a few of those holes so when it rains the machines don't get wet and rust. During the last storm I was doing squats on the smith machine with water dripping on me the entire time. Plus it is just ghetto when you walk in the weight room and there are buckets catching water everywhere.

I do realize a roof is more expensive than a tanning bed, but I am doubtful they are going to make much money by having that. I could be wrong though, that gym has been there awhile and they havent gone out of business yet so they must have some sort of clue of what they are doing. I just found it to be an odd business decision.

No comments: