Tuesday, March 17

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Do you not tan well? Are you the spawn of speckled sperm? If so, you might be Irish! They say everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day, but I actually do have a wee bit of Irish blood in me. However I also hate beer and I am not a meat (or corned beef, yuck) and potatoes kinda gal so the real Irish would probably be ashamed of me.

That being said, I also find the Irish stereotype quite humorous, so in the spirit of the Holiday, here is a musical number from Family Guy from the episode "Peters Two Dads". I looked everywhere for the full clip of this song, but could only find these compilations of different clips because of copyright issues I suppose. Anyway the lyrics are below, please to enjoy!

LYRICS-
Peter: Oh, he doesn't smell like Irish Spring,
And he never taught me anything,
But still I slap my chest and sing -
Of My Drunken Irish Dad.
Oh, his face looks like a railroad map,
And he never shuts his freakin' trap...

Mickey: But all the ladies catch the clap
From your Drunken Irish Dad.

Peter: Ask a Hennessey, Tennessey, Morrison,
Shaughnessy, Reardon, and Rooney...
They'll tell you the same
McNulty, Mulrooney, and Connor and Clooney,
All feel the same mixture of pride and of
shame.

Mickey: Finnegan, Hannigan, Kelly, and Flanagan.
Look to the ground while their dad passes by
Cafferty, Rafferty, Joyce and O'Lafferty,
Fight for his honor and then start to cry!

(People in the bar dance and brawl while others play the fiddle, flute, and accordian.)

Both: Oh, we Irish lads are all infirm,
And our moods infect us like a germ
'Cause we're all the spawn of a pickled sperm...

Mickey: (Spoken) And we don't tan well either.

All: ...From a Drunken Irish Dad!!

No comments: