Thursday, February 5

You know what would be nice? Having a pleasant conversation with someone at work. I come into work most days with a pleasant demeanor but as the day goes on that changes to me isolating myself in my office and being in my own little world because everyone else is in a bad mood or just ignoring each other.

My mother is the worst offender, if she is on a bad mood she will say "shut up" to the phone everytime it rings and keeps saying things like he wants to be home and hates being here. Well guess what, that negativity rubs off on everyone else. I try to just ignore it as does everyone else but I hate to bite my tongue to not tell her to get over it, no one really loves being here but why dwell on it?

Earlier today I tried talking to my mom about some current event, just chatting, and she mumbled a response that meant she wasnt at all listening and then snapped at me for no reason. Everyone here just does their work and ignores other people unless they need them for something and it is draining emotionally. We spend 8 hours a day here and we cant say good morning and chat for 5 minutes? I dont know what I can do to fix this. If I try to talk I usually get shut down and it makes me feel like not bothering at all. It is worse right now because we have a stressful couple of weeks with bids and end of the year tax stuff but how can you ask people to be more friendly and happy?

My mom just came in and apologized for snapping actually, but the problem still remains. My mom and I both recongize how negative and unhappy the mood in the office is but still have no way to solve it. Maybe I should make some pot brownies and pass them around. Lord knows they love to eat dessert around here.

2 comments:

Adam said...

As many complaints as I have about my job, I do appreciate the fact that in the morning, my coworker and I sit in the office and drink coffee for 15 or 20 minutes and chat about whatever.

edluv said...

you can always have a conversation with your good friend the blog.