Thursday, February 5



I have a confession. I just had to look up "Twitter" in Wikipedia because I had no idea what it was but kept hearing about it and I was embarassed to ask someone. And yes the cat is out of the bag now but at least I didnt have to see the face of whoever I asked laughing at me.

Working with an older generation I often see their reluctance to learn new tchnologies. Just yesterday I had to explain to both my mom and Susan that you can have more than (1) attachement on an email. As if that wasn't bad enough my dad doesnt even check his own email (although he could, he just choses not to) and Tenn has never used a computer in his life which is just crazy to me.

I can't help but fear that this is my fate too. Just a few weeks ago I finally got an adapter to play my ipod in my truck, it should have never taken me that long, that is just ridiculous. I don't want to live in the dark age and become one of those people that refuse to try new tchnologies because they think they are going to be too complicated. On the otherhand I really dont think I want to Twitter or even get on facebook because I dont find it neccessary to let everyone I know everything that I am doing at every moment of the day, I am just not that exciting. I also dont want to hear what anyone else is doing at any given moment, you arent that exciting either. I think too many people are starting to feel too self important anyway, but I digress.

For the moment I will stick to text messaging, blogging and emails and I will use wikipedia to look up everything I dont know on the sly. At least I know about wikipedia!

3 comments:

Adam said...

Yeah, I started using Twitter a couple of months ago and I couldn't put up with the updates and the updating, so I've sort of let it go.

If I want everyone to know what I'm doing, they can look at my blog.

Lulu said...

I feel the same way. Most of my blog is just ramblings anyway so if I tried to Twitter too it would be even more irrelevant. This way you can look at my blog on your own time if you so chose without me pestering you.

edluv said...

a friend of mine introduced me to twitter like 2 years back and i just thought, "why?" i really don't want 120 character updates of your life every so often. sure, people will say the same thing about blogs, and i understand.

i guess i can wait to read something at my convenience without being pestered to know what you're doing right this second.