Tuesday, February 3

Now That I am Shopping Again...

Yes, my month of deprivation is over! One thing I learned from this experience is that indeed I can control myself but more importantly I learned the method of controlling myself which is not white knuckling it but to simply avoid websites, magazines and the Target clothing department. If I am not bombarded with images of clothes and shoes then I do not feel the need to shop as much. Looking at ways to put old clothing together in different ways and adding accessories can also be helpful.
That being said, thank you Kristen for the $40 gift card that was burning a hole in my wallet that provided me with a new pair of shoes and a purse:


I am wearing the shoes right now and using the purse.

And although I missed all the great after Christmas deals, I did manage to buy a pair of distressed rust colored suede boots from Steve Madden for 70% off, so i saved 150 bucks! It gave me a serious shoppingasm:

You know I love my boots and my Bannana boots that are a somewhat similar color that I bought 4 years ago are starting to show a little wear so I jumped at the deal. I love that this is a neutral color but isnt a boring black or brown. I can picture myself wearing these with skinny jeans and a stripped shirt.

I am not going to lie, shopping makes me happy:)

4 comments:

edluv said...

the purse reminds me of a the dress type deal that a roman soldier wears.

Lulu said...

Like a breast plate? Well bonus then, not only can I carry my shit around in it, it can also protect me in battle. (And in my mind battle is being said with an english accent like when that guy from Robin Hood Men in Tights says "you lost your arms in battle, but you grew ome nice tits!" just so you know)

edluv said...

no, not a breast plate. the skirt deal they wore. like this

Lulu said...

Well they are both black and made out of leather...