Monday, February 2

Good Weekend

My weekend didnt have the best ending, but overall it was one of the better weekends I have had in awhile. My sister was in town so I got to see her which was short but sweet. It is always nice to have her here because she really is a good friend and not just a sister to me. When she does come to town I always have to share her with everyone though so I look forward to going to visit her in April and getting her all to myself.
On Saturday I went to get my ipod to walk to the gym and tragically it would not work. The screen wouldnt come up at all and when I connected it to my computer it told me my ipod may be corrupted and to restore it. So I tried several times and it would freeze in the middle of restoring and not work. So I bitterly went to the gym without it and pouted. However a miracle took place on Sunday and when I went to try it one more time before going out and buying a new one it was working, hallelujah! Honestly I would rather go without my cell phone than without my ipod, it is my baby and I use it everyday so I was super excited it started working again and I didnt have to shell out 150 bucks.

It was also a big weekend in sports. UFC on Saturday and Super Bowl on Sunday were both entertaining and exciting. I think my personality must have a little testesterone in it because I love to watch fighting and sports where players hit and taking one another out. It actually makes me a little sad that I cant really participate in that kind of thing. And before you say there are women leagues for that type of thing, I am probably a little too small and would get creamed and besides womens sports just do not have the same clout as mens sports. In any case I enjoy watching, even though I think Bobby's is where my neck started to bother me from straining to see through the 3 rows of people socializing at the bar.

Which leads me to the unhappy ending. I woke up yesterday with a very slightly stiff neck that exploded in pain when I went to the gym and started my incline chest presses. For a couple of reps I thought my arm might just go numb on me but I kept going because I had just gotten there and I needed to get this workout in and I am also ridiculously stubborn. I got through the workout with a limited range of motion and when I finally sat down for the Super Bowl, it really started giving me trouble. Sleeping was the most problematic, I just couldnt get comfortable until I remembered that I had one of those memory foam pillows and that really helped. What did not help were the(3)separate screaming matches taking place outside my apartment at 1, 3 & 4am. Ahh, there is nothing like getting woken up by the sweet sounds of "fuck you bitch!" and screeching tires.

My neck and shoulder still hurt a lot this morning but I swiped a Tiger Balm patch from my dad and took (4) ibupropen so it seems to be loosing up a little. By tomorrow I should be fine.

3 comments:

edluv said...

i was driving by your apartment today and noticed the tire marks and wondered when that happened.

i don't miss the noise of being on a busy street. it's so much quiter just a few streets over.

Lulu said...

That must have been the 4AM screaming match that included some a-hole reving his engine a dozen times before peeling out.
That is the biggest complaint I have about that area. Sure I can walk a short distance to the bars but the nights I dont want to go to the bars they seem to come to me anyway.

Adam said...

I don't know. Bars close at two. That's a long time to hang out drunk on the street. But I guess it's possible.