Tuesday, January 20

So this is kind of an exciting day. As everyone knows Obama will be taking the oath of office this morning and it seems like people are kind of excited about it. It is refreshing to see people hopeful for the future and proud of their country because it has been so long since that has happened on such a large scale. I won't go into how historic today is, everyone knows about that already, but regardless of his race I can't remember anyone in the public eye being able to create such excitment and (cliche of the day) bringing people together. Even if you don't like Obama, you have to give him a lot of credit for that.

I am slightly uneasy with this rock star status that Obama has taken on though, he has a lot of hard work ahead of him in order to prove himself, but I would rather see people thinking positively rather than negatively which has been the trend of the past. I hope that everyone who wants to is able to enjoy this day and that everyone appreciates the significance of today as well. I will be pleased when all the celebrities go home though, that inagural concert had some overly dramatic moments (Tom Hanks giving his speech with the over the top music playing and Steve Carrel, really? I just kept waiting for him to say "thats what she said"). But thats just me, I am not the most sentimental person in the world, let's be honest.

I also look forward to listening to Obama's speech. Thus far he has delivered some fantastic speeches, the nerd in me still appreciates how hard it is to write a really good speech. He has a rhetorical gift that captivates people. Giving and writing speeches is really difficult but to have the entire world watching you and expecting so much from you is probably the most pressure anyone giving a speech can have. I am sure he will do well.

And how about people in the White House with a sense of fashion! Yes the fashionista in me would like to see what Michelle is going to be wearing today and tonight, but I won't be obsessing over it like some people. I just like to look at nice clothes and well dressed people.

So that is all of my musings on today thus far. Now I have to get some work done before the New York Times begs me to write for them;)

No comments: