Monday, January 19

Does anyone know if I re-install itunes if it will delete all the music I have downloaded? Out of the blue I tried to start up my itunes the other day and it gave me a message that said something like "quicktime could not be detected and you need it to run itunes, reinstall itunes". I havent done it because I am afraid I will lose all of my music and I dont have it backed up anywhere nor do I even know how to back it up if I wanted to. I tried to just uninstall and reinstall quicktime but it didnt help. Any suggestions??

4 comments:

edluv said...

maybe. what you need to probably do is figure out where your files are stored. when you find that file folder, i think you can make a copy (not an alias) of it and its contents with a different name. then you'll have a copy in case. i actually think it won't be a problem to re-install itunes w/o it erasing the files but i always love a just in case back up.

also, did you see if you have quicktime?

edluv said...

forget that last question, i reread your post.

edluv said...

i think if you reinstall itunes it should work, and it will look on your computer for music.

the crap thing is you tend to lose play counts and playlists you've set up.

Lulu said...

Ok I will try that, thanks for your help. Yeah it might be a bitch to lose those playlists but as long as I dont lose everythng I have ever downloaded I will be ok with it.