Friday, January 16

Sewing Class Looks Promising

Last night was my first class meeting for my sewing class. This instructor has a much more casual but hands on method of instruction. I do much better when I am shown how to do something rather than just being told or reading instruction.

Instead of having everyone in the class make the same things, we got to choose to make whatever we wanted so I decided to do a dress. It is a simple pattern, similar to this:

but the neckline is a little more simple and it includes a belt made out of the same material as the dress is. The material I chose is a nuetral cream color in cotton that has a small diamond pattern to it. Sort of boring but I can dress that up really easily and in a lot of ways with red or turqiouse shoes etc.

Hopefully I dont screw it up and it comes out ok. If it does I plan on making the same dress in multiple colors. Watch out Project Runway!

2 comments:

Madison said...

Make sure to post a picture when the dress is completed so we can all place our orders!

The Mrs/Mom said...

That's awesome! Goodluck, maybe you can teach me when we come back to Fresno.