Thursday, December 4

How To (And Not To) Annoy People At The Gym


Found this "How to annoy people at the gym" video and found it amusing. Some people really are completely clueless as to what is appropriate gym behavior which this video humorously demonstrates.

I also found this post on pet peeves at the gym yesterday that was commented on by virtually all females and the most commonly reported pet peeves were:

1. Guys who stare at and oggle girls, especially when you are doing some sort of suggestive looking exercise that you are uncomfortable doing in public anyway (ie the butt blaster type machines)- and as a side note old men in my experience are the ogglers

2. People who do not wipe the sweat off the equipment, particularly the cardio machines (or just flick their sweat on you). All gyms provide anti bacterial spray or wipes of some kind for that specific purpose. It is truly disgusting to touch someone elses sweat.

3. Guys who grunt and loudly slam their weights - stupid meatheads

4. Women who come to the gym to socialize and dont do much working out or even break a sweat

5. People who do not put their equipment or weights away when they are done with them (Monday I had to take off (10) 45 pound weights from a leg press because some jack ass thought leaving them after he was done was appropriate, wtf?)

So if you find yourself at the gym sometime soon, just keep that in mind so you wont find yourself annoying everyone.

6 comments:

m.wise said...

and going off of your point 5, many times the guys who put all of that weight only do one or two reps with it. but they sure will tell anyone and everyone that they can do that much weight.

Lulu said...

Well that can sometimes be justified if they were going for a max rep to fail lift, but in the majority of cases the people who do that correctly are athletes or body builders and everyone else (the guys you are talking about) dont know what the hell they are doing. And the bragging about it, yeah that is lame and totally annoying which is why I try to wear my ipod at all times.

Sometimes I wonder how there hasnt been a sitcom about a gym, so many things to laugh at in those places, myself included. I got a little ambitious with my squats the other day and put on a bit too much weight but didnt want to do one rep and stop and take off weight (pride) so I kept going and on my last rep my leg started to buckle and I did this big wobble and funky hip thing before I was able to get it back up and anyone who saw me had to chuckle. Ah well thats what I get for laughing about others to myself. Anyway I still think there could be a sitcom.

Kris10 said...

I am going to try the humping thing next time I am at the gym and see what looks I get! :)

Lulu said...

hahaha, dont you work out in the womens section too?? I was going to try the scating at the end when he is on the bike with his ipod on but I ctually have to show my face there again.

Monticore said...

What about the old guys that go there to socialize, drink or use the sauna but never work out. That should go next to number 4.

Lulu said...

That could also go with Number 1 because at Centerpoint they hang out at the front and watch the girls walking back and forth while drinking beer and eating popcorn.