Monday, October 6

Halloween Cosutme 08

I have heard some great costume ideas and have also come up with a few of my own which I have narrowed down to 3 for my Halloween 08 costume. What I like about each of these costumes is they are unique enough that I probably won't run into anyone else with my costume and they are easy enough to put together.

In no particular order they are as follows:

1. Clara Bow (Silent Movie Starlet)


Thank you Demirep for this fantastic suggestion! I would find a red flapper wig and a headband, some sort of long slinky dress and heels, costume jewelry, that long cigarette thing and a fur of some kind if I can find it. But the best part of this costume though is that I get to make signs to hold up since I am silent film star. If you didnt read Demireps comments on the post below she suggests this:

They could say: "You mean you don't recognize me?" "I'm the IT girl, Clara Bow." "Go to hell." is also a good one to keep in case anyone says anything jerky.

The possibilities are endless for these signs, which makes giddy.

2. Tippy from Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds:

For this I would wear a skirt suit (green if it can be found) and get a blonde wig and attach birds all over me and give myself scratched and gouge marks from the birds attacking me. I have thought about doing this one for awhile but it is a classic so I can do that for any Halloween and it would be just as effective.

3. Angelina Jolie


For this costume, I would wear a dress of some kind that showed of my arms and back so I can get her tattoos drawn on me and visible and then attach a black, (2) asian, and blonde dolls to me and hold two babies in my arms. I might also put a halo over my head but I am not sure about that part. This one makes me laugh and it is pop culturally current.

So those are my top 3. Thoughts??

6 comments:

Kris10 said...

I vote #2!

Madison said...

I love either Tippy or Angelina. I have to be honest, I may steal the Tippy idea for next year! If you do Angelina, def. do the halo. You could also attach money to your dress that's for charity (maybe a check with a charity's name on it?)

Adam said...

Wow, the Clara Bow one was a crossword puzzle clue the other day and the answer was "it girl". Coincidences are weird.

I like Demirep's suggestion.

Monticore said...

Clara Bow! If you go with Tipi you need to stick some fake crows on you or get some fake kids to carry around in a wagon for Angelina.

edluv said...

i'm not feeling any of them really. the angie jolie isn't bad, but it's sort of close to your amy winehouse from last year.

Lulu said...

Thanks Ed, thats very helpful. If you are going to diss all of my ideas at least come to the table with something better than Sarah Palin, shesh.

But yeah, Angelina and Tipi are a bit more complicated as far as attaching things. Bah, I cant decide.