Monday, October 6

Still Running...

Yesterday I went for a 16 miler that ended up being a 17.25 miler. The weather was the best I had run in since the spring which made it very enjoyable.

One difference in yesterdays run was even though I ate the same thing for breakfeast as I did before my 20 miler last weekend, I ended up getting really hungry in the middle of the run. I had one gel at an hour and 45 minutes later my stomach was growling, which was odd. I also felt my energy dropping so I had another gel and felt my energy pick up by last few miles. I had a heavier dinner before my 20 miler so maybe that was the difference.

When I checked my running log today, I realized I have run 219 miles since the middle of August, which is a total of 3 day, 23 hours (I think it sounds cooler in days). It felt really good to look back and see all I had done to get to where I am today and once I get to race day, I should be at around 300 miles. Although I am confident in how my runs have been going, I still feel nervous. My biggest fear is that I will injure myself or get sick and I will have done all that training for nothing. I would in all honesty be devestated if that were to happen. These are the most critical weeks right now and getting to the start line healthy is what is most important to me so that is what I am focusing on. The next 2 weeks will be the hardest, but after that it is smooth sailing physically. Tapering in the last few weeks, especially the week before is mentally brutal, but thats a whole different set of challenges to discuss on another day.

Keep on keeping on.

1 comment:

Kris10 said...

You go girl, keep it up, you are doing awesome!