Thursday, October 23

Could You Repeat That?

I hope that when I get older, I am not so vain and/or stubborn to not get my hearing checked and wear a hearing aid if need be. Working with two people who don't hear very well and aren't motivated, however aware they are to their inability to hear, to get it checked is super frustrating.

My Dad is the worst offender and often walks away from me when I am still talking because he isnt aware that I am still talking to him. I will tell him that someone is on the phone but I never know if he hears me because he doesnt respond. What is unclear is whether or not he choses to not listen or just doesnt hear. I suspect a little of both. He definitely has a hearing defecit of some kind though, just ask my family.

Susan on the other hand is more obnoxious because she will get on the phone and cover her ear, looking annoyed, if anyone dares have a conversation with someone else in the office while she is on the phone. On several occasions she will ask the person on the phone to hold on while she asks us to talk quieter. If you cant hear people on the phone when people are having normal conversations around you, get your hearing checked. We shouldnt have to whisper at work while you are on the phone.

Hearing aids are very tiny these days, almost unnoticable. Wouldnt you want to be able to hear the world around you? They both know they have an issue because they have admitted it but no apointments are made. I might as well be working at an old folks home. On the other hand I can get away with mumbling curse words at them and they wont hear me:)

5 comments:

Adam said...

Heh, mumbling cursewords.

The other day I yelled a few when I made a mistake and I had to take a quick look around the shop. Thankfully no one heard my expletives.

Adam said...

Heh, mumbling cursewords.

The other day I yelled a few when I made a mistake and I had to take a quick look around the shop. Thankfully no one heard my expletives.

Lulu said...

Yeah I read your blog post, sorry you had such a crappy day. I hope today is going a bit better for ya.

Madison said...

Yeah, I don't know why people put off having their hearing checked or getting their vision checked! Both those seem pretty important to me.

Adam said...

Yeah, today is going all right, though my guy comes in at 2 and I don't have enough work for him. Looks like I'm going to have him do a simple task and then kick him out and make him go home early.

He'll be glad for that. This work is too hard for him.