Thursday, October 23

I Heart Banana Republic

Banana Republic has a reputation for selling clothes that are traditional and classic. I always feel sophisticated and pulled together when I wear clothes from BR. Nothing is very trendy so when I slpurge on something at that store I know I will wear it for years to come (this somewhat eases my guilt for dropping a nice chunk of change there).

They have a new creative director and recently debuted their Spring 09 line and it got me all giddy. Although it isnt a huge departure from their usual timeless pieces they have loosened up a bit and modernized their silhouettes.The color pallete includes a lot of khaki, slate gray, ivory, and white (very similar to Project Runways winner Leanne's collection actually).

I am going to try to ignore the first models legs that are skinnier than my arms and try to focus on the beautiful clothes and fabrics. I am actually not a fan of the first outfit anyway but I love the jacket in the second pic, looks like buddah. I like the pattern in the 3rd dress but am unsure of whether that would look like on a girl with a booty. Usually any shape that is fitted on the ass and loose on the waist isnt very flattering on me. The last dress I really love because the fabric is silk and it is very flowy and romantic plus it has pockets! I want to touch it which is a sign of good clothes in my opinion.

I am starting to see a lot of these flowy, capri length pants and I didnt really like them at first because they look like Alladin pants but I think it works in this outfit so my opinion might be starting to turn. It is a casual look, but the fabric makes it a little more upscale, plus they look super comfortable.

Finally this dress is sooooo pretty and again flowy and comfortable looking too. I love the color too, very spring and summery. I would probably wear a belt of some kind with it so as to avoid the big blob look but again, I just want to touch it!

Bravo BR, your line is right up my ally.

No comments: