Monday, October 20

3 Weeks Out and Ready To Go

Yesterday I was scheduled to run 20 miles, but I was not sure if I would be able to do it with the week I have had with my stomach issues etc. Since I had already run 2 20 milers I figured if I couldnt do it, not big deal but if I can do it then yay. I am beginning to think that at least part of my problems with my stomach and my energy this week was due to over training. I have continued my weight lifting during the entire length of my training and obviously I have been running a lot of miles so I think my body just needed a rest.

The 20 miler went well though, I was a little more sluggish than past runs but nothing problematic. I was pleased and relieved because I was getting concerned that with 3 weeks left I was going to crash and burn, which would be my worst nightmere come true. I have made it through the hardest part and now I start tapering! I am also going to back off the weight training a bit and switch to lighter weights, focus on my core, and spend more time on flexibility and I think I will be good to go. This is the first time I have ever trained for anything and felt ready to go 3 weeks out, usually I feel like I could use a few more weeks of training. I am getting antsy to run it though and wish I didnt have so much time left.

Today I also get the day off work to help out at my dad's Rotary golf tournament. I get to spend the day sitting at a golf course watching to see if anyone legitimately gets a hole-in-one to win a Lexus. The weather is fantastic and I will probably get bored, but hell, it beats sitting at my desk all day.

No comments: