Tuesday, May 6

Cinco de Drinko Lived Up To Its Name

A quick recap of Saturdays fiesta was requested so here it goes:

Highlights: The mustaches (they were a much bigger hit than I expected!), Heather dancing on a table, Dennis decapitating Paco the Pinata, Ed telling a story about getting hit "harre" at a counter in "bay ers feel" (you really had to be there but it was hilarious-ask Woody), yummy salsa, I think there was a little Mario Kart but it is a vague memory for me, there were only 3 beers left.

Lowlights: Food was a bit of a problem - my kitchen is just too damn small and I didnt have enough room for everything, someone enjoying the food and alcohol so much that they decided they wanted to taste it again coming back up, Ed getting pink chunky fluid on my bathrobe.

Overall I know I had a pretty good time and hopefully everyone else did as well. To be honest it didnt go exactly as I was thinking it would, but I still had a lot of fun. My thoughts on Sunday morning at about 3 AM was "I will never do this again" but after getting some sleep I think this will become an annual event, with some minor changes:

-Less food, sorry that you all brought stuff but there ended up being too much food and people seemed like they would rather drink anyway so it wasn't worth the effort or expense. Next time it wil be limited to frozen things that can be put in the oven.

-I think there needs to be a requirement to go out later in the night. I understood that people didnt want to because they would be spending money and at my place they werent, but I think this just encourages people to drink a bit too excessively. Also I like to be able to go home and go to sleep when I want to (selfish but true).

Everything else will be the same except I will buy more mustaches. I am anxiously waiting for the Art Hop exhibit of Adam with the mustache placed on various locations on his face. I also look forward to Katie getting a patent for texturized tattoos. What a creative group we are, especially when there is tequila!

If anyone has pictures please post or send. I know Kendall had her camera but we may not see them for a few months so if anyone else was taking pics, please let me know.

8 comments:

Adam said...

Yeah, good times.

I think that next time, there should just be less alcohol to consume so people won't feel like they can drink tons of it. It's more likely that everyone will ration when there aren't 50+ beers and four or five bottles of tequila.

Lulu said...

Well I requested 4 bottles total and got 8 so I had way more than I expected. And at least for me, I dont decide how much I drink based on how much is available, that seems like a strange rationale to me.

Adam said...

I thought Mike brought four bottles. You already had four bottles?

I don't see how that rationale is strange. I'm thinking that if I went to a party with say four other people and there were 12 beers available, I'd probably try not to drink 6 of them. It's not a matter of how much my body can handle, it's a matter of sharing.

Monticore said...

And I'm requesting more Pinatas!

Lulu said...

Yeah Mike misunderstood the evite and brought all 4 and then I had a bottle and Kendall and Katie each brought one. I still have about half of those bottles so if anyone wants some tequila...I will just save it for the next party.

I see what you are saying now as far as having less would mean you would drink less but it would also be hard to then decide on how much that you should have. If someone wants to drink more and/or they have a higher tolerance then I wouldnt want to prevent them from drinking more then someone else either.
There is no perfect solution, its a party and people are there to have fun and we have all gotten a little carried away at times so it's not a big deal. It just makes for one of those funny stories to tell the next time we get drunk together, which would be tomorrow.

Even though there were really only 3 of us goin for the pinata guts, I want more pinata too. I was hoping there would be some elbow throwing and grappling of some kind but I guess you can only get so excited over tootsie rolls.

edluv said...

but was it my pink chunky fluid?

edluv said...

oh, and i wouldn't have been opposed to going out. i think that when it was around 10:30 or 11 someone mentioned it, but the flies didn't seem to stick. (is that even a real expression?)

but, had we gone out, people might've slowed down a bit because you're spending cash, got to go to the bar, etc.

but i think we could've had less stuff (drinks & food). i know i didn't really know how many people were coming over, so even though i thought 48 beer + tequila for margaritas would be a lot, it also could've been the right number (if we had say, 6 more people).

edluv said...

two more things:
i have a few photos.

thanks for having us. you shelled out a bunch, put your place in the center of it all, and put up with it all. thanks a ton.