Wednesday, April 16

Really?

Fashion above all else is subjective. We all have our own ideas of what looks good and what we find to be attractive, but every once in awhile I will come across something that baffles me. Steve Madden is one of my favorite shoe designers. I have several pairs of his shoes and frequent the website to see new the new styles that come out. Ok, actually I am on their mailing list and I saw an email from the company with the subject "Cutting Edge Peep Toes". I love me a peep toe so I was looking forward to seeing the new "cutting edge" styles and was disappointed to say the least to find these:






What the hell is that? It looks like the freakish offspring of roller blades and legos. Cutting Edge, really? Who wears these and what do you wear them with?

The description for the last pair reads like this: Get ready to cause a fashion stir with every step you take in these super chic booties. Wear them with a sweet summer dress or a pair of super skinny jeans for a fierce fashion statement.

A sweet summer dress? I don't get it. Steve Madden, these need some work.

8 comments:

Adam said...

You know what the "booties" are missing? Instead of the two mini-straps up top, they need a giant strap that goes all the way around, kinda like a belt over a shirt tucked nicely below the boobs. That's called continuity. Booyah!

Lulu said...

As long as they still have the peep toe and the cut out at the back!

timidvenus said...

wow. those hurt every part of me.

Monticore said...

Wow i'm speechless. All those boots are missing is fur comming out of the top. It would take someone with some serious ego to rock those shoes.

Lulu said...

They look incredibly painful! Fur might actually be a nice touch, it might make them a little more comfortable.

Unknown said...

Those shoes are tranny fierceness.

edluv said...

tranny fierce. i forgot about that. what confused me about that snl piece is that i don't ever remember hearing christian say tranny once during the whole season of projrun. tons of fierce, but nary a tranny.

Unknown said...

I caught that sketch and laughed my balls off... and I've never seen that show.