Tuesday, April 15

My Better is Better



Nike premiered this new commercial for their SPARQ (speed, agility, reaction & quickness) training line during the NCAA basketball tournament. The first time I saw it I was at the gym so I couldn't hear the song, but even without it I love this commercial. The song by the way is "List of Demands" by Saul Williams in case you were wondering.
Nike has always had pretty strong and memorable marketing campaigns. They have done a lot of campaigns with professional athletes but it is the commercials where they focus more on normal people as athletes that I like the best and I feel are most effective. It is a lot easier to relate to the weekend warrior than it is the professional athlete who gets paid millions of dollars to stay in good shape. This ad makes me want to go work out so I can fulfill all of my amateur athletic potentional (seriously, I really do, I am lame). The other commercial I like right now is the mother riding her road bike and her family is following her as she rides. I actually am not sure what the commercial is for (the car maybe??) but I like that they use a woman and a mother as the athlete and role model of the commercial. Bravo.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Yeah, that commercial features everybody. Even Landon Donovan!

edluv said...

now if their shoes only weren't made using slavery like conditions in third world countries.