Thursday, February 14

The V-Day Incident

I had one of those wonderful moments of putting my foot in my mouth, thanks in part to technology and my stupidity today. I email my sister usually a few times a day and today my mom got flowers from my dad while he was gone. The reaction that you would think one would have to receiving flowers would be happy suprise. Well thats not how my mom reacted and so I shot an email out to my sister explaining to her what happened (see below)

Dude mom is starting to piss me off. She got flowers today from Dad and even though I told her that he ordered them to be delivered on Wednesday and they emailed him and said they couldnt ship them until today, she is bitching that he should have sent them next week so she could enjoy them. And it wasnt like aww, thats sweet too bad I wont be able to enjoy them for long it was like "why did he send them today when he knows we are leaving?". I was like yeah, I hate it when someone is thoughtful and sends me flowers, that always ruins my day. Hello mom, its the thought and he thought about this last week and did it all himself and wrote you a little poem, appreciate that. She did something similar on her birthday when dad bought all of this stuff to make this cake he found for her and she threw a fit and was like I dont want cake, you shouldnt have done this blah blah. I felt so bad for dad and when he left the room I was like mom I know this isnt what you wanted but tell him thank you for thinking of it.
Ok now she is acting a little more appreciative about them. You better perk up you negative nelly!


At the same time I was sending this off, I was also forwarding a Valentine Greeting to my mom and Susan (lady at work). I told them to open their mail and turns out I somehow mixed things up and sent the email message above to my mom and Susan and not the Valentine greeting. Um, oops.

Well luckily my mom wasn't mad at all but actually found it pretty funny. She replied to it "Like Mother like daughter. Guess I deserved this". My sister my mom and I have similar personalities and we always tell it like it is to one another so it wouldnt be something I would tell her to her face had we not been at work. Big whoopsie though, yikes.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Aaah, the wonders of technology.

edluv said...

that's funny stuff. good thing your mom didn't crap a brick.