Friday, February 15

The Weekend

My parents are in Texas this weekend and being the only daughter in Fresno, I will be baby sitting the dogs. This is such a pain in the ass because they expect me to spend the night there, not just check on the dogs to make sure they are ok, feed them and go back to my own place like most normal people would do.

There are of course some benefits to staying out there, like getting to use an up-to-date kitchen to cook and the use of the 50 inch HD tv and free food, which I appreciate and plan on taking advantage of, however it is very lonely. I feel isolated and I have to drive at least 10-15 minutes to get to any store or restaraunt, as opposed to walking out my apartment for 3 minutes. It also makes going out at night a lot more inconvenient. I have to drive a half an hour there and back, plus trying to pack for a weekend where I dont know what will be going on is impossible so I have to go back to my place to change before I go out.

But it is what it is. I would like to say that it will be a relaxing weekend where I stay at home and dont go out or stay up late, which may be the responsible thing to do but I know myself and just like I knew there probably wasnt a good chance of me going out last night, I know I will get really bored and be dying to get out of there.

What a boring post. Oh well.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Sara's coming to town today, if that's any incentive for you to come to town and hang out.

Lulu said...

Sara is absolutely an incentive, I also owe Ed a drink for carrying my suitcase and I will be ready for a drink. Same bat time, same bat channel?