Monday, February 25

My Stomach Is Not So Good

Since last Wednesday my stomach has been upset and I havent had much of an appetite. I have a constant queasiness that gets worse and subsides and even though my stomach will be growling because it is hungry, I can only eat enough to make the growling go away before I cant stomach anymore food. Even my favorite foods havent been appealing. When I have had the stomach flu before it usually is one or two days of violent sickness and then I am fine, but this lingering queasiness is different and it doesnt seem to want to go away. I dont like not being able to enjoy food, it is such a simple pleasure you dont realize you have until you cant eat.

Anyone know of anything that is supposed to cure an upset stomach besides pepto?

And no, I am not pregnant. I am entirely sure of that so no one needs to throw that one out there (I know what you are thinking).

4 comments:

Adam said...

Have you thought about visiting a doctor? 5 or 6 days is a long time. That sounds more serious than an "upset stomach."

Lulu said...

I have, but I talked to a pharmacist and she said that unless I have another symptom he will probably just perscribe something to treat the symptoms and tell me to come back if it continues to continue. I am going to give it a week before I go in.

I really should get another doctor but I am waiting to find out what we are doing about health insurance at work because I may have to switch anyway. He is about 80 years old and doesnt talk much and doesnt seem to be incredibly engaged in what he is doing. It is difficult to find a good doctor, that is also on your insurance.

timidvenus said...

i think youre pregnant.

Lulu said...

Thanks Sara, you are a stinker.

I know it sounds suspicious but as of yesterday I was on my period so I am not convinced. My good friend is pregnant however so maybe I am having sympathy pregnancy symptoms?