Monday, December 17

Horoscope for Monday

(Read the previous post first otherwise you will be confused)

The fastest way to learn something new about yourself is by exploring something that is unknown to you. This could be something universally intimidating, like skydiving, but it could also be something that is harmless to many, but still a big question mark for you. It can be a hard thing to accept the fact that you could try something and not succeed at it right away. Check your ego at the door and dive into learning something new about your capabilities.

Don't think I will be trying skydiving today (someday though) so I will have to explore something else that is unknown to me. Hmmm.

UPDATE: I went to Olive Garden and had the Apricot Tuscan Chicken for lunch. It was good and I enjoyed it but it certainly wasn't too far outside my comfort zone. I will be going to the gym later and I am thinking that I could start a conversation with someone there. I usually get to the gym, put my ipod on and do my thing and hardly even look up at anyone. I have been going there for almost a year and I see the same people there everytime I go but I never talk to any of them. Initiating a conversation with a stranger is something I hardly ever do because it can make me uncomfortable and I feel awkward. I think that might be my mission for the day.

I like Mikes idea of learning something about my family history as well, but I think I will save that for sometime over christmas when we are all together.

6 comments:

Adam said...

Eat something different for lunch.

Watch, at the end of the week, you're going to be suffering from food poisoning, walking with a limp, and fired for being too assertive. =P

Lulu said...

I am going to Olive Garden for our Christmas lunch today (yuck, I didnt pick it) so maybe I will try something I would normally never try, thats a possibility.

m.wise said...

ask your parents/relatives about your family/background/ancestors/ect. (are parts of your family history unknown to you?)

edluv said...

so did anything happen @ the gym?

and i think you should have tried being nice to your parents at work. a good, obedient secretary. that would have been different, right.

Lulu said...

I will post about the gym in a new post.

And actually I have been nicer to my parents lately. I know you are just joking around but I am trying to drop the attitude at work and at least in the work setting react to them as I would as an employee. Let me tell you, it is hard to hold your tongue when you are so used to just letting it fly!

I must correct you however, I am not a secretary, thats my mom. I am the second string secretary when my mom isnt at work;)

edluv said...

fax this for me, it's a zerox of my rear.