Monday, December 17

Astrology and Me

Last night I had a conversation with my friend Chris about horoscopes, numerology, tarot cards etc and how some people allow and seek out advice from these sources in hopes to improve their lives in some way. Neither of us are believers in the accuracy of astrology, but for people who truly truly believe in that kind of thing is it neccesarily a detriment to their lives? Horoscopes are not going to give out bad advice. They wont instruct you to quit your job, walk out on your family, or steal because that would be obviously be too specific and negligent. However since horoscopes are written in generalities so the most amount of people can apply them to their lives, some people might actually find that they do improve their lives even if it is a self fulfilling prophecy of sorts.

That brings me to the experiment. For one week I am going to read my horoscope first thing in the morning and operate throughout the day with that horoscope in mind. So if it says to be assertive at work or to spend more time at home, then thats what I am going to do. At the end of the week we will see how my week of life influenced by astrology has gone. I don't expect anything will change, but I thought it might at least be funny to read about. So I will post my horoscope in the morning and if anyone has any suggestions as to how I should abide by it please leave me a suggestion in the comments.

So first thing first, I was born on August 5th so my sign is Leo. According to astrology.com, a Leo is:
Leo is symbolized by the Lion. Leos are stubborn yet impulsive and also showy, dramatic and sometimes vain. Leos have a sunny demeanor and love to be the center of loved ones' adoration. The worst thing someone can do to a Leo is accuse them of bad intentions. Displaying behavior that makes them think you don't appreciate them runs a close second. These happy, jovial people become mighty hurt when others don't see them for their noble intentions.Loyal, and sometimes rather traditional, Leos are, after all, a fixed sign. They'll hold on to situations and people for a very long time before they give up. There is an unmistakable idealism to Leo's view of the world and the people in it. Often, Leos have a very noble inner code that they answer to. Although on the surface, Leos appear rather confident, they can actually be some of the most humble souls around. They are the first to blame themselves when something goes wrong. Once again, it's the Leonine self-importance at work, and this characteristic works in unexpected ways. Instead of being the conceited, self-absorbed show-offs of reputation, they are usually very self-aware, self-conscious, and, yes, even humble.


This can go on for a long time so here is more if you are interested: Leo.

Some of that rings true to me, some does not but I will let anyone who knows me make that call for themselves.

With that in mind, my next post will be my horoscope for today and I will update it it probably throughout the day or at the very least tonight so you can see how I applied it.

I asked the magic 8 ball, Will my astrology experiment go well this week? The answer: Definitely.

No comments: