Friday, December 21

The Company Christmas Party

Normally, I am not a big fan of forced gatherings. Getting together with people you hardly know and engaging in monotonous small talk while watching the clock for when you have put in the appropriate amount of time before you can leave just doesn't appeal to me. Last year I had only been working here for about a month before the Christmas Party and it was exactly what I described above, a loathsome event. This year though things are different.

For one we are having the party at the office and not a restaurant so it won't be taking up time away from work and actually shortens my work week by half a day (woo hoo) Also, Tennessee is BBQ'ing and he doesn't mess around. There are 3 smokers and 2 BBQ and he is making tri tip, herb chicken, ribs, and chicken jalapeno sausage. The smell coming through the office right now is excruciating. BBQ is easily my favorite thing to eat and I already weaseled a sample out of him and oh sugar (as my grandma would say) it is heaven. There is a place near Austin that makes the best BBQ I have ever tasted and this rivals even that. The sides aren't that great but who has room for sides with all of that meat! Also I have gotten to know almost everyone a lot more this year so the conversations and interactions aren't as awkward.

So cheers to a Christmas office party that doesn't totally suck!

3 comments:

Lulu said...

Oh we have deep fried turkey too. They are going to need to roll me home after this.

Lulu said...

Actually roll me to the gym, that would be better.

m.wise said...

you said "who has room for sides with all of that meat!" sweet.