Wednesday, December 26

Adios Christmas!

Christmas at the Wilson household is a little more laid back then most. We don't do the big family thing or really have any Christmas traditions that we adhere to. My family (and by family I mean my parents, sister and myself) is really low key and casual. Most of the day is spent in sweat pants and on the couch while my dad flips the channels from Sci Fi to whatever sporting events are on and back, usually watching 4 programs at once, none of which anyone else wants to watch. My mom makes a coffee cake and we have oranges for breakfast and thats when the present handing out begins.
Inevitaly my mom forgets whose presents belong to whom (she doesnt always use tags)and we end up opening a gift of someone elses. My dad fancies himself a comedic poet and a gift from him is typically accompanied by one of these poems. This year my gift from him was all clothing items to keep me warm since I am always complaining about being cold. He actually did a really good job with both the poem and the gift. The big gift though was a washer and dryer that is going to be installed on Saturday. I don't think I could be more excited about this, I am all a tingle.
This is the second year in a row that we havent had my sister home for the holidays though and I miss her a lot. Now that she is married she has to split time between the two families and she just got a new job and has done a lot of traveling this year for her wedding/honeymoon so she couldn't come out. My sister and I are really close and definitely have that unique sibling bond. I just always have more fun when she is around and no one else can understand frustrations with the family like your sister can.
It was a good Christmas and I am grateful for all that I have, but I am glad that it is over for this year. I hope everyone else had a good Christmas as well. Cheers!

No comments: