Wednesday, August 8

Frick! Frick! Frick!

My Ipod froze in the middle of my workout yesterday and has yet to unfreeze. It is stuck on a paylist, not playing which means I can't just wait for the battery to run out and for it to shut down before I charge it up and start using it again like I usually do. This has happened before but it usually doesn't freeze for such a long period of time. My Ipod is a crucial part of my workout! It keeps me going and prevents me from having to talk to other people at the gym ( I hate gym chat, I am there for one reason and hearing about your cats is not it). Hopefully when I get home for lunch it will have unfrozen, but I am not very optomistic at this point.

11 comments:

Adam said...

Switch the hold on and then off.

Then hold down the center button of the clickwheel and the top button of the clickwheel for about 10 seconds. That should do it.

You may want to consider restoring it by hooking it up to your computer and going through the restore options.

Adam said...

Oh, and I can't wait to inundate you with cat talk. I'm gonna call you at the gym and leave long voicemails about what my cats are up to and how they're doing.

Lulu said...

Well I have tried holding the center button down so I may have to just restore it.

There is a time and a place for cat talk. I am generally not opposed to a wee bit of cat talk but when you are next to me on the treadmill and telling me about how your fat cat is lazy but your skinny cat is active and that you felt like the fat lazy cat but want to be the skinny active one so you started going to the gym, I will take exception.

edluv said...

one time i was playing in a poker tournament and the guy next to me's ipod froze up. he asked me if i knew how to fix it, which i didn't. so he starts banging it on the table. i'm pretty sure that doesn't help.

edluv said...

and i was going to suggest hooking it up to the computer as well. don't actually know that this works, but figured it might get somewhere.

or, it might jam up your computer, too.

m.wise said...

every time we get together, i am talking cat talk with you. cuz that's how i roll!

Lulu said...

Mike, when have you been around me and not talked about pussy?

Adam said...

snap

Adam said...

Oh, and you have to hold down both buttons, the center and the menu button. Or was that what you meant?

Lulu said...

I think I have tried both ways but I will try again. I went home at lunch and plugged it into my computer, but nothing happened and it wouldnt recognize my Ipod telling me there was an error, very helpful. can

Adam said...

Hmmm, sounds like the same issues I had three times in a row. Enjoy. I hope you still have access to tech support otherwise you're gonna be droppin' some money on a new one soon.