Thursday, August 9

Target Story #2

After last nights disaster of a Target story, I decided to give story #2 a shot on my blog where there will be no interuptions. Also I write stories better than I verbalize them. It still isn't a knock your socks off story but here it goes anyway.

So yesterday I was in Target and when I went to the cash register to pay there was only 3 registers open and some fairly long lines were forming. I had just come from the gym where I did a pretty intense leg workout and was a bit wobly and I was starving so I really wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. I took my place in line and after a few minutes a Target employee approached me and said that they can help me at the jewlery counter. I thought sweet, I wasnt even next in line so this will shorten my waiting time for sure.

I walk over there and the girl working is looking at some leopard print purses on the other side of the counter and she sees me and walks over and starts ringing me up. We exchange pleasntries and she hands me my reciept but instead of putting my merchandise in a bag and handing it to me she says something and walks over to the purses. I didn't quite get what she said but it sounded like she was asking an opinion on something so I assumed she was talking to someone on her headset and had run out of bags or something so she was going to get one. She walks out of the counter and around the other side, grabs the 3 purses she was looking at and brings them over and says to me "which one do you like better?" and then continues to tell me about the fact that she really likes leopard print and these bags were on clearance for 4 bucks and she has a bigger one in this same line but she wants one for going out because that ones is too big, blah blah blah. Well I cant go anywhere because my stuff is still not in a bag and this chick is talking to me like we are old girlfriends getting ready to go out for the night. I tell her I like the smaller one the best because it has a better shape or something, which then leads her to give me a detailed description of her likes and dislikes plus the advantages and disadvantages of each bag. Then she starts holding them up to herself in front of a mirror to see how she would look carrying each bag. At this point my stomach has started to eat itself and my blood sugar is dropping and this girl won't shut up about these stupid 4 dollar clearance bags like they some Dolce & Gabana $1,000 handbags! I think I told her about 7 times which bag I liked in hopes of ending the conversation to no avail. I dont even know why she was asking me because at the moment I was definitely not the picture of fashion. I was wearing a sweaty wife beater and running shorts, not someone you would think to ask for fashion advice. She should have asked the tall girl with the big fake boobs that was prancing around in her booty shorts and heels but she was probably busy telling the 5th person of the day her mechanic story (I left that part out of the story last night, she repeated the story loudly on the phone to 3 different people so I had to keep hearing about the mechanic asking her to ive him a show).

Finally she decides to take my advice and get the smaller bag and manages to get my merchandise in a Taret bag so I can be on my way. So instead of getting to the front of the line and getting out of there quickly, I was discussing handbags with some random chick for a good 5-10 minutes. When I walked past the registers as I was leaving there wasnt even left in line anymore. So thats it. Target story #2. I think that went better than Target story #1 myself.

11 comments:

Fishy said...

i hate to do this to you, still not a good story. but i applaud the effort.

Adam said...

Yeah, I'm kinda bummed that the naturally stubborn Kasey engaged the lady about the bags when a gruff, "I'm about to pass out lady, gimme my godddamn stuff so I can go," would have been more apropos.

Adam said...

Sort of like Nick's cop chase without any action. Big let down.

edluv said...

were you telling keith that story last night?

Lulu said...

I was raised to be infailingly polite to strangers, thats why I didnt say anything. And no I don't believe I told that story to Keith, he would have been even less interested in hearing it then you all are.

Adam said...

See, it's good to be polite to strangers, unless they themselves are inconsiderate, unthinking jerks. At that point I think the gloves can come off and you can drop the polite pretenses.

Lulu said...

See thats the thing, if they are really jerks or assholes I wont have a probably returning the favor. She wasn't rude, she just failed to abserve a social norm. It would have made for a much better story however. I need to work on that whole story telling thing.

Lulu said...

yeah I meant observe not abserve. I thouht I would point that out before you all did.

Adam said...

Abserving is what you do when someone has their shirt pulled up.

Lulu said...

budumdumchhh! Ha, that was good Adam:)

And crap, I left the g out of thought too, doh!

edluv said...

as i was reading your abserve error, i thought about making some sort of joke. but then adam beat me to it. wtf? does that guy actually do any work? or is he just sitting in front of the computer in the woodshop? this must be why it takes so long for projects to get finished.

i mean, i'm sitting @ home in front of the computer. but i'm on a little vacation.