Tuesday, May 15

Monday, bleh

My poor little truck finally crapped out on me yesterday. Just last week I made the comment that it was funny that Potter's car broke down when it was brand new and my old, high mileage truck was still going strong so I guess I asked for it. On Monday afternoons my mom takes a friend of the family who has Downs Syndrome out for the afternoon to do things and yesterday they were going to get their nails done. Well something came up and my mom wasn't able to make it so she asked me if I could take her place. I of course took her up on it and when we got in my truck to leave the nail place I couldn't get it into gear. I tried forcing it, but to no avail, it was AAA to the rescue. I will find out today what the damage is, but I am sure it will be cringe worthy. He has been a good little truck to me since 1998 and has driven me cross country and back twice and this is the most major problem I have ever had with it. Perhaps it is time I face the fact that our relationship may be over and it is time that I move on.

8 comments:

edluv said...

you should be a scooter. and i don't mean one of those little push with your leg types. get yourself a nice little vespa sort. and then we'll be two bikes on our way to a gang.

then we can rumble.

Lulu said...

I had a friend in Austin who drove a vespa and I rather liked it and it would be pretty sweet to be in a bike gang. Can we get matching jackets? Hmm what to call ourselves....

Adam said...

It's so obvious, but I'd totally call you Scooter for the rest of your life.

edluv said...

well, i already have a jacket, so i think it would be the responsibility of new members to purchase an appropriate same. i mean, come on, i'm the founding member.

but i will take suggestions on our name. maybe "el borrachos"

Anonymous said...

your club could be..."pinche ed"

edluv said...

stupid mike and his anonymous posts.

so, it's been a few days. what's the news o the truck? is it really over? or will it just need a trip to the truck doctor (mind you, this is much different than the love or rug doctors, respectively)?

Adam said...

See, you're just cheating now. You turn off the date so readers aren't sure which Monday you posted on, but I've caught you. You've missed a couple of persons of the week now. =P

edluv said...

adam, you could also track through dates on the comments.

i saw the little white truck this morning.